As experienced dog bite attorneys, the Penner Law Firm staff monitors national dog bite news and statistics to insure that we are providing the smartest possible representation for our Connecticut-area clients.
So we were especially interested in the dog bite research and informational graphic released earlier this year by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
The original AVMA illustration can be viewed at this link. It was created to mark Dog Bite Prevention Week in May.
Some of its illuminating dog bite stats:
- Roughly 70 million Americans, or 36.5 percent of American households, include a dog.
- Each year, more than 4.5 million people in the U.S. are bitten by dogs.
- Children are the victims of more than 359,000 of those bites.
- Almost 1 in 5 people bitten by dogs require medical attention.
- About 27,000 people each year undergo reconstructive surgery due to a dog bite.
If you live in Connecticut and need a dog bite attorney, please contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at the Penner Law Firm today or call (203)878-1254 to schedule your free consultation.