Penner Law Firm attorneys are aware that July can statistically be one of the most dangerous months for car accidents on Connecticut roads, according to the state Department of Transportation.
More car accidents were fatal in July than any other month of the year, based on data collected in 2008 and officially reported in 2011.
Thirteen percent of the reported accidents during the of month of our Independence Day holiday resulted in a death. The next statistically highest months for car accident fatalities were September followed by June.
Among the other car accident trends worth noting from 2008, when 104,187 accidents occurred on Connecticut roads overall:
- Less than 1 percent of crashes that year, or 280, were fatal. The vast majority of car accidents resulted in personal injuries or property damage.
- Just over two percent of all accidents that year, or 2,362, were alcohol-related. Of those, 101 resulted in a fatality and 844 resulted in injuries.
- Just over one percent of all accidents that year, or 1,168, involved a pedestrian.
- About 1.5 percent of all accidents that year, or 1,586, involved a motorcycle.
- Accidents in 2008 were statistically most likely to happen between 2 and 6 p.m.
- The highest percent of fatal accidents occurred on Saturdays while the highest percent of injury accidents occurred on Fridays.
If you are injured in an automobile or motorcycle accident, contact Penner Law Firm today at (203)878-1254 to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced Connecticut accident attorneys.