Dog bites can cause serious and life threatening injuries. If you’ve been bitten by a dog, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Your health and safety should be your primary concern. Our Connecticut injury lawyers are here to help you with your legal case afterward.
In preparation for pursuing a legal action against the dog’s owner, you should consider these steps:
- Identify the dog’s owner.
- Report the incident to animal control or the Sheriff’s office.
- Gather contact information for witnesses to the incident.
- Obtain the dog’s license information and whether the dog has a history of any other bite incidents.
- Photograph your injuries.
During your free consultation, we will help you determine the strength of your case and identify the legal options available to you.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from a dog bite, please contact Penner Law Firm or call 203-878-1254 today for your consultation with an experienced Connecticut injury lawyer.